Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Double edged sword

I am going through a period where I am learning the hard way that some things just aren't worth fighting about. I am starting to understand that things are really not as big and dramatic as people make them out to be, I am beginning to see the people that really matter to me, and the ones that were just around because they wanted something from me. It's really a big lesson for me to learn and something I think I really needed. The past couple of days have taught me a lot.

People are not always what they seem at first, sometimes they are just wounded animals putting up a front. And sometimes they will snap and bite at the ones who are trying to be supportive. All things considered, I'm really not that upset. I was at first, but the more I think about it, and the more I look at the blessings I DO have in my life, the more I remember that people come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime...and when it's time for a reason or a season to move out, it's best to just let them go, hold the good times close and remember the lessons they brought with them.

So I am also learning that lessons are like a double edged sword. On one side, they're cutting things that are hindering you out of your life, and on the other, they are teaching you valuable lessons, such as; "Ouch, That's sharp...Don't touch that!"


No comments:

Post a Comment